Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

Tina Donahue Interview!

Today Tina Donahue answers questions about her life as a writer, and lets us know more about the woman behind the stories!

What is your favourite type of hero?

Alpha, definitely. However, I also like tenderness. The kind of guy who can take care of himself and knows what he wants, but can also fall to his knees for the woman he adores.

Who are your favourite authors?

Wow. Hard question. I read nearly every genre, so my fave authors span a great deal of territory. I love Margaret Atwood, Hilma Wolitizer, Dean Koontz, Lawrence Sanders, Steig Larsson, Alice Sebold, Patricia Grasso, Lisa Plumley and too many others to mention.

What led you to becoming an author?

I’ve always written. I can’t recall a time when I didn’t. When I was nine, I wrote my first book and illustrated it. Since we didn’t have a copier in our house, I made extra copies by hand then went around the neighbourhood selling them to my friends’ parents. My first book tour.  J

What advice would you give other authors? Or the best tip anyone ever told you about writing?

Don’t give up. Don’t think it’s easy. It’s not. It’s freaking hard work to produce a book that speaks to readers. There are many critics out there who trash romance, saying it’s so much fluff. Bull. Emotion is one of the hardest things to project on a page. If you think I’m wrong, try it. I dare you. I write humor easily. I write suspense easily. Plotting, no big deal. Action scenes, a piece of cake. But succeeding at emotional build, making a reader cry, smile and shout with joy? That’s tough.

What is the first book you remember reading?

Hard to say. Probably fairytales. I had this huge book of them when I was little. I was reading Dickens by fourth grade, so I graduated quickly.

What is your favourite quote?

The persistence quote:

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”
-        Calvin Coolidge


If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Andalusía, Spain. I wrote an historical romance “Just One Kiss” that took place there. While I was doing the research, I fell in love with it.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Snarky people on the Internet. It’s easy to trash people when you can hide behind a fake name and no one can see you. I hate trolls.

If you had to choose to give up one, which would it be, alcohol, chocolate or sex?

Alcohol. I cannot do without chocolate or sex.

Do you like cheese?

It’s my middle name. If food doesn’t have cheese on it, I’m not interested.


What is the fastest way to a woman’s heart?

Respect for her and loyalty to her. Nothing beats that. Nothing.

What is your favourite swear word?

LOL – Can I say it here?  The “F” word.

What would your last meal be?

That’s a hard one. Probably a combination of Mexican and Italian with loads of chocolate and a stiff drink (hey, I’m dying right?).

What is the longest you’ve gone without a shower?
Two days. I was stuck in an airport. Flights cancelled. Yuck.

Have you ever solved a rubik’s cube?

Nope. Tried several times. Just couldn’t get it. So shoot me.

What is the worst pick up line you’ve ever heard?

“Whoa, you’re gorgeous.” Hey, I’m not a ghoul; I am considered attractive, but that line seems so lame to me. I’m not looking for a guy to make me feel good about my appearance. I’m looking for someone I can talk to like a normal human being – ie: friend.

Who is hotter, regular Orlando Bloom or pirate Orlando Bloom?

Definitely pirate. Though I did think he was very cute in Lord of the Rings.

Who would you most like to stab with a fork?

Internet trolls.

What is your favourite body part?

On me or a guy? Probably the brain on both. Without a good mind, you don’t get good anything else.

What is the first thing you think when you see this?


 
 Poor thing must have flunked math if it didn’t know it wasn’t going to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment